Most Americans spend an average of 11 to 12 hours a day sitting.* How many hours do you think you spend sitting per day?
It's not easy to break the cycle of sitting - especially if you commute to work and spend most of the day at a desk. But too much sitting can be hazardous to your health.
Challenge yourself to find ways to move more throughout the day with these great ideas:
- On your phone: Instead of scrolling your phone to pass the time, do a 10-minute workout app or video.
- In the office: Organize standing or walking meetings at work.
- At your desk: Set reminders to get up and move every 30 minutes.
- On errands: Skip the drive-thru and walk into the bank, pharmacy or coffee shop.
- In front of the TV: Do lunges or yoga poses while watching TV.
- On the couch: Challenge yourself to walk one lap around the neighborhood before settling in on the couch.
- On the road: Take frequent breaks when driving long distances.
Schedule your time for exercise, just like a meeting. Some folks find that exercising before work, is a great way to get it in before your day takes over and it’s a way to beat the traffic. Others like it as a break during lunch. Or after work to help unwind and relax before you head home for the day.