2022 is here! You're probably thinking about your resolutions... and maybe they're the same resolutions you had last January. We're here to help you build healthy and happy HABITS so that you'll have a much better year sticking to your goals!
Here's our top tips in how to make a lasting impact on your fitness journey:
- Get ultra-dialed in on your goals. If you want to lose weight.. ask yourself how much weight loss? Gain muscle? Set a goal with specific measurements.
- Be realistic. If you are looking to clean up your diet, please don't resolve to never eat a cookie again. Set yourself up for success by decreasing the amount of treats you have on a weekly basis...remember, it's a process.
- Set a minimum goal! The motivation is high and you set a goal of getting to the gym 5x per week. Life happens and you might fall short one week, which can cause disappointment. I encourage each of my clients to set a minimum standard, so that no matter what the day or week brings, they will be able to commit to the goal. Plus, when they are able to come in 5x in a week, there's a presence of overachievement! (woohoo!)
- Tell someone! Accountability is huge!! (we can help one another! :)
- Journal your daily wins. At the end of the day, reflect on one thing you're proud of. Three months from now, you'll look back and see how much progress you've made.
- Most importantly, enjoy the journey. Make it fun, whether it be with a friend or personal trainer. Maybe reward yourself with the small wins like a new workout outfit to wear, or a healthy celebration dinner...make the goals something to look forward to daily!
You CAN become the best version of yourself. We hope these tips help you in committing to the best year yet. Share your New Year goals with our team at the front desk or tag us in your social media.