What is a sweet potato?
It’s a starchy, sweet tasting root vegetable! They have thin brown skin on the outside, and an orange color on the inside. You can eat them whole or peeled. Here are some reasons why you should add sweet potatoes into your diet...
- Sweet Potatoes may help maintain healthy blood pressure
- It’s high in fiber and potassium
- One medium baked sweet potato with the skin is only 103 calories
- Fastest way to prepare is in the microwave
- Decreases the risk of diabetes, obesity, and heart disease
- Because of its high fiber content, it promotes regularity for a healthy digestive tract
- Offers an immunity boost from being high in nutrients like Vitamin C and beta-carotene
- 2.3 grams of protein from one sweet potato