Spice up Your Life... and Your Kitchen, in a Flash!
This classic Shrimp Fra Diavolo is a snappy, and as spicy-as-you-likey plan for a fun dinner this week! Let's get the party started!
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (also known as EVOO) - twice around the pan
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed away from the skin
- 24 Jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact (ask for "easy-peels" at the seafood counter)
- 2 Tsp grill or steak seasoning blend, or coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (evoo strikes again:) - twice around the pan
- 1/2 Tsp crushed red pepper flakes (more if you're feeling extra-spicy!)
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1/2 Cup dry sherry or dry white wine
- 1 Can (15 Oz) crushed tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley (a handful is good!)
Make the shrimp: Heat a large skillet over medium,-heat. Add evoo, garlic and shrimp. Season with grill seasoning or salt and pepper, and cook shrimp, 3 mins or just until pink. Remobe shrimp to a serving platter.
Make the sauce: Return pan to heat, add 2 tbsp evoo. Pick garlic cloves out of the shrimp, chop them coarsely and return to the pot. Add crushed red pepper and shallots.
** You can serve this beautiful dish on it's own, with rice or quinoa, multi-grain pasta (or any pasta you desire) or a side of your favorite veggies!
Buon appetito! (Si! Now that's Italiano!:)