This light and crisp, not-too-creamy coleslaw salad is great with any barbecue meal: beef, chicken, or fish! Add a dash of hot sauce to mustard mixture for extra spiciness.
- 7 cups finely shredded green cabbage (about 1/2 head)
- 1 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 white wine vinegar (champagne vinegar is nice too!)
- 2 Tbs. sugar (optional)
- 2 Tbs. whole grain mustard
- 2 Tbs. mayonaise or substitute
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. ground red pepper
- Combine cabbage, onion, and 1 cup carrot in a large bowl. Combine white wine vinegar, sugar, mustard, mayo, salt and pepper, and red pepper in a small bowl. Stir well with a whisk.
- Add mustard mixture to cabbage mixture and toss well to coat. Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
- Stir before serving. Yield: 7 servings
Like what you see here, subscribe to our blog or follow us on social media! @OnelifeFitness #OnelifeFitLIfe
More Healthy Recipes!
Yummy Cauilflower Biscuits
Lightened Up Zucchini Bread
Top Post Workout Meals