Our favorite thing about Spring/Summer?!? Well, besides saying goodbye to unforgiving winter months, all the AMAZING fresh fruit we get to eat from our local farmer's markets! This five-minute and five-ingredient super refreshing recipe is made with gorgeously creamy burrata cheese and sweet summer strawberries; it's the perfect way to cool down on a warm day while keeping the calories in check!
- 250g strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 2 tbsp good quality balsamic vinegar (we used Belazu)
- 1 tbsp sugar free maple syrup
- A small handful of fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 x 100g burrata balls (or tear 200g buffalo mozzarella),
- Mix the strawberries in a bowl with the balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, basil and a good pinch each salt and black pepper. If you have time, set aside for 10 minutes.
- Spoon the strawberries onto a serving platter. Split the burrata balls (or tear the mozzarella), put on the platter, then drizzle any juices left in the bowl over the top. Grind black pepper over the top and
scatter with basil leaves to serve.
Easy right?!? Take it for a spin and let us know what you think!