Looking for a healthy, fresh and easy meal to please a crowd? Nothing says America, family and freedom like these grilled steak and veggie kebabs. They’re easy to make and sure to bring any party to life!
Kebabs are the perfect summer dinner meal, especially when they’re marinated for hours and paired with tons of delicious veggies. With this recipe, there won’t be any complaints at the dinner table tonight!
Begin with a delicious marinate and allow for a good amount of time for the meat to really soak up all the flavors. (Don’t marinade for longer than 6 hours or else the meat will get mushy.) Note: Soak your skewers in water when you begin marinating your beef, so the skewers won’t burn up and fall apart of the open flame on the grill.
Yield: About 5 servings (Double recipe if making for a crowd)
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp Dijon
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 lbs sirloin steak (look for thicker steaks), cut into 1 1/4 inch pieces
- 8 oz button or cremini mushrooms, halved (unless they're really small, keep those whole)
- 2 - 3 bell peppers, cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion diced into chunks (about 1 1/4-inch)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for brushing grill grates
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 10 wooden skewer sticks soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- In a mixing bowl whisk all marinade ingredients together.
- Place steak into a gallon size resealable bag. Pour marinade over steak then seal bag while pressing out excess air and message marinade over steak. Transfer to refrigerator and allow to marinate 3 - 6 hours.
- Preheat a grill over medium-high heat to about 425 degrees (partway through preheating clean grill grates if they aren't already clean).
- With veggies on cutting board, drizzle with oil and lightly toss to coat (Don’t toss the onion because this way, they won't burn up).
- Sprinkle veggies evenly with garlic powder and season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble kebabs layer steak and veggies onto kebabs in desired order, work to fit 4 steak pieces onto each kebab.
- Brush grill grates lightly with oil. Place kebabs on grill and grill until center of steak registers about 140 - 145 degrees for medium doneness, turning kebabs occasionally, about 8 - 9 minutes.
- Let rest for a few minutes then serve warm. Enjoy!
Have you tried any of our recipes?! Share your health journey with us on Instagram by tagging #IHaveOnelife.