A recipe to meet your sweet and savory cravings!
Bet you didn't think steak could be good for your heart, did you?! Charred watermelon gives a burst of juicy flavor to tender sirloin. If this sounds delicious to you (how can it not?!), keep on reading!
- 1 lb. sirloin or strip steak (about 1" thick)
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small seedless watermelon (about 3 lb.)
- 1 c. fresh mint leaves torn
- 1 c. fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Chopped, roasted unsalted peanuts, for serving
- Heat grill to medium high. Season steak with 1/2 tsp. of salt and pepper and grill to desired doneness, 6-8 min per side for medium rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, oil, honey and a pinch of salt and pepper each. Fold in onions and tomatoes.
- Cut the watermelon into 1/2 inch-thick triangles and cut off their rinds. Brush lightly with oil, then grill until lightly charred, 1-2 minutes per side. Transfer to serving plates.
- Fold the herbs into the tomato mixture, then spoon on top of the watermelon. Slice the steak, divide among the plates and sprinkle with peanuts, if desired
*Recipe from the creative thinkers at Women's Day Magazine.